Dr. Sawa has earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Arts and Sciences at Saint John’s University. After college, she was accepted into Stony Brook School of Dental Medicine where she earned her DDS with many awards and accomplishments.
Following this, she completed a rigorous hospital residency at University Hospital in Stony Brook, NY. Dr.Sawa pursued training in the dental specialty of Prosthodontics. She was accepted into the Advanced Graduate Program at UMDNJ School of Dentistry and completed her residency training and specialty certificate including implant surgery. These 4 years of additional specialty training as a prosthodontist give her the ability to analyze and correct challenging dental problems.
As a prosthodontist, Dr.Sawa has expertise in working with dental phobic patients, medically compromised patients and has a reputation for creating oral reconstructions utilizing dental implants, crowns, veneers, and all types of removable dentures.
Dr. Sawa specializes in the restorations of dental implants. This can make a dramatic improvement in your life and well-being. If you have a missing tooth an implant can be utilized to avoid damaging adjacent healthy teeth that would be cut down if a bridge were made. Moreover, if you have dentures that do not fit, your denture can be transformed with the use of a few implants into an amazingly retentive and comfortable prosthesis that will give you renewed confidence and assurance in smiling and greatly improved ability to eat and function.
Dr. Sawa is a member of
- American College of Prosthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Academy of Osseointegration
- Staten Island Dental Society
Awards and Honors
- The Leon Eisenbud Oral Pathology Award
- Ultradent Esthetic Dentistry Award
- SUNY SB School of Dental Medicine Dean’s List
- PHI BETA KAPPA
- Tuition Merit Scholarship Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities
Continuation of Education
- Laser Certification
- Invisalign Certification
- Certification in Botox and Dermal Fillers by Esthetic Skin Institute
- Snap on Smile
- Diagnosis and Treatment Planning of Full/Partial Edentulism Smile Design and Soft Tissue Management Utilizing Advanced Treatment Modalities & Technology (NOBEL GUIDE 3D/ Procera CAD/CAM)