New Teeth, Dentures in a Day is a treatment that is sometimes called Smile in a Day and it is a technique to replace missing multiple teeth or to stabilize loose dentures in just a single day. With this dentures in a day treatment you can have single or multiple teeth replaced, or you can replace all your teeth using same day dental implants. This technique can also be suitable for restoring teeth on the same day as natural teeth have been extracted.
Dr. Navid Rahmani is a leading dental implant specialist on Upper East Side, NYC and one of few implant dentists in the New York City region to offer newest, advanced options for placing dental implants in Manhattan including mini dental implants and latest procedures.
Our NYC dental office uses only the newest and most advanced dental equipment available on the market in USA. Dental implants are from Straumann, headquartered in Basel, Switzerland. It’s the largest and most advanced dental implant company in the world.
We use top quality medical grade titanium or titanium alloy for your new teeth, the same materials used for other bone implants and for orthopedic joint replacements.
With Teeth in a Day or Dentures in a day, you can leave our dental office with beautiful new teeth on the very same day. Unlike conventional dental implant treatment where you may have to wait between two and six months until it is completed, you will go home with temporary teeth fitted onto your dental implants. Your final new teeth will be made several months later once your teeth implants have had a chance to fuse with your jawbone, but this does mean that you will always be able to smile and talk with confidence.
Who Can Have Teeth in a Day?
The basic requirements for Teeth in a Day are exactly the same as for any dental implant treatment including Dentures in a day. Younger patients will need to wait until their jaws have finished developing, while all patients, including older patients will need to have reasonable general health.
Dentures in a day treatment is particularly suitable for people who have lost multiple teeth and who are interested in an affordable and long-term alternative to wearing removable dentures. There is no evidence to suggest the success of dental implant treatment is affected by age or gender.
It might be possible to use a mini dental implants. Mini implants are still made from the same high quality titanium alloy dental implants but their smaller size increases the versatility of treatment.
You may also hear these dental implants referred to as small diameter implants or narrow body implants.
What Is the Procedure for New Teeth, Dentures in a Day?
Procedures that are offered by NYC dentist, Dr. Rahmani:
- State-of-the-art diagnostic imaging – With this surgical procedure, treatment is planned well in advance, using state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging equipment that includes a Cone Beam CT Scanner. This is a special type of scanner that produces highly detailed 3-D images of your jaws, including all your facial structures such as muscles, nerves, blood vessels as well as any existing teeth and your jawbone.
- Plan the implant placement – The 3-D images produced during a CT scan enable our skilled nyc implant dentist, Dr. Navid Rahmani to accurately plan the implant placement for your new teeth. He will decide exactly where to place each implant to give you the very best results using computer simulation to digitally position the implants in the jawbone. The implants must be positioned in such a way that they will help to stabilize each other, much like the legs of a chair; once the seat of the chair is in place it will lock all the legs together, creating a stable foundation.
- Create a surgical guide – The information provided by the computer simulation is also used to create a surgical guide which is a special type of template and which is used during dentures in a day surgery to eliminate error when placing the dental implants. This type of detailed planning is essential as it is vital to miss all the important structures in your jaws while still ensuring your new, same day dental implants in NYC are in exactly the right position to support new teeth that will not only look great, but which will be fully functional.
Attaching Your New Teeth
Once the implants are in place, they can be restored with temporary implant crowns or a bridge. Even though you will have a set of temporary teeth, it’s still important to allow time for the same day dental implants to heal and to bond with your jawbone.
In our office on Upper East Side, NYC we do not create shortcuts for Osseo integration process, and where new bone cells will grow on and around the implant post so it becomes firmly fused to your jawbone. During this healing process the new teeth dental implants must not move, so your temporary teeth will be fabricated to ensure the implants are all either locked in position in the case of implant bridges. In the case of single crowns, they will be fabricated in such a way so they do not come into contact with your opposing teeth whenever you try to bite or chew.
Once the implants are fully healed and integrated with your jawbone, you can return to our NYC dental office to have your permanent new teeth made.
Recovery after Treatment
This same day dental implants nyc or teeth in a day procedure is quick and fairly non-invasive so recovery should be short and uneventful.
You may feel slightly sore for the first few days after same day dental implants treatment but it is normally possible to control any discomfort with over-the-counter painkillers. We may provide you with antibiotics or will suggest using an antimicrobial mouth rinse during the initial healing period.
What Are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Dentures in a Day?
- People using this same day dental implants treatment have seen an immediate benefit in their quality of life and are able to chew and smile comfortably which can considerably boost self-esteem and self-confidence.
- With this same day dental implants technique or teeth in a day procedure, there is virtually no discomfort after treatment and there is no need to wear uncomfortable dentures while the dental implants heal.
- The use of computerized surgery helps ensure treatment is quick and comfortable.
- This technique can help reduce or eliminate the need for bone grafts.
- Treatment is tried and tested and the success rates are very similar to conventional dental implant surgery, so there is no need to worry that you will be compromising on the overall quality of your dental implants.
- Dentures in a day treatment can be completed much more quickly than conventional dental implant surgery.
- This same day dental procedure is not right for everybody, which is why Dr Rahmani will carry out a very careful examination beforehand and he will need to talk to you about your medical history.
- While the implants integrate with your jawbone, it’s important to stick to a softer diet and to avoid hard or crunchy or very tough foods during the first 6 to 8 weeks after surgery. Biting down too hard on your dental implants could cause them to move, negatively affecting osseointegration and increasing the risk of dental implant failure.
What are the Success Rates for Dentures in a Day?
Success rates for same day dental implants in NYC are similar to conventional and lengthier dental implant treatment, but this does rely on several factors.
The success of treatment depends on:
- Extremely careful planning. Dental implants need to be strategically placed to offer the best level of support and must not be overloaded.
- Training and experience. Your dental implant dentist must have the training and experience required for this technique-sensitive surgery.
- State of the art latest equipment. A successful treatment also relies on your dental implant dentist having the right equipment, for example a cone beam CT scanner, and on them using the best quality dental implants.
Although the dental implants are immediately loaded with temporary teeth, clinical studies have shown this should not affect the success of new teeth treatment, provided there is sufficient good quality bone and post-operative instructions are carefully followed.
You must also be committed to maintaining good oral hygiene, including regular checkups and cleanings. This will greatly lower the risk of implant failure.
What are the Alternative Treatments?
Alternative treatments to dentures in a day include conventional or traditional dental implants, where treatment is lengthier, or mini dental implants. Both these treatments have their own advantages and disadvantages that will be discussed during your initial appointment with dental implants specialist in NYC Dr. Rahmani of Upper East Side, NYC implants center.
What is the Cost of Teeth in a Day?
The cost of Teeth in a Day is generally significantly lower than the cost for conventional dental implant treatment.
With this treatment, it’s often possible to stabilize a loose denture with relatively few dental implants. The implants are inserted into positions where the jawbone tends to be thicker and stronger, reducing the need for additional treatments such as bone grafts.
Dr. Navid Rahmani is an internationally recognized, Board Certified Periodontist and one of the best rated dental implant specialist in NYC. All procedures are performed on Upper East Side in our Midtown NYC dental center. If you have any questions about your same day dental implants nyc or teeth in a day procedure or to make an appointment please call our Midtown Manhattan dental implants center:
NYC Dental Implants Center
225 East 64th Street Ste 1B
New York, New York 10065
(64th St. btw 2nd/3rd Ave.)