Single Tooth Implants in NYC. Dr. Navid Rahmani is a leading dental implant specialist in NYC, mini dental implants expert and one of few implant dentists in NY region to offer newest and most advanced dental implant techniques and procedures including single tooth implants. We use Microscope-assisted precision implants dentistry to enhance a dental implant specialist vision to unprecedented levels. It’s used for polishing and finishing teeth margins and for contouring teeth and teeth implants. Dr. Rahmani of NYC Center for Dental Implants is located on Midtown Manhattan & Upper East Side, NYC.
Single Tooth Implants
Ideal Choice for Replacing a Missing Tooth
A single tooth implant also called traditional dental implant procedure is an ideal choice for replacing a missing tooth. We use only a top quality single dental implants available in US.
Treatment is very straightforward and the appointment to place the dental implant is typically quite short. Even though only a single tooth is being replaced, Dr. Rahmani will need to carry out the same diagnostic tests to ensure treatment is a complete success.
See other Dental Implants Procedures we offer in our Upper East Side, NYC dental implants office.
Who Can Have a Single Tooth Implant?
Tooth replacement are suitable for patients who may have a missing or lost a single tooth due to disease or trauma, or for people who have teeth that are congenitally missing. Treatment can be carried out on people whose teeth and jaws have finished developing.
The main requirement is to have good dental and general health. There is no evidence to suggest the success of dental implant treatment is affected by age or gender.
What is the Procedure for a Tooth Replacement?
Planning a single tooth implants in NYC dental implants center:
- Planning – Prior to treatment Dr. Rahmani will have taken a CT scan and dental x-rays to determine the best location for your dental implant. Where single implants are being used side-by-side, it is important to make sure there is adequate room in between them so the implant crowns can be fabricated correctly. If the single tooth being replaced is particularly small, for example a lower front incisor, then Dr. Rahmani may need to use a smaller diameter implant, called a mini dental implant.
- Treatment – The actual surgery can be carried out under local anesthetic and requires a small incision to be made in your gums, exposing the underlying bone. After carefully inserting the implant into its preplanned location,
- Healing cap – Dr. Rahmani will place a healing cap over the dental implant before stitching up the gum. The healing cap protects the implant, allowing it to heal and integrate with the surrounding bone and it helps to shape the gum tissue. Shaping or managing the gum tissue provides the best aesthetic results so that when your implant tooth is placed, it will be surrounded with the gum tissue creating a pleasing effect that will be easy to keep clean.
- Temporary tooth – At this stage we can provide you with a temporary tooth to be worn while the implant heals so there is no need to worry that you will be left with a gappy smile during treatment. Once the implant has fully healed and Dr. Rahmani is satisfied it is strong and stable, we can make and fit your new crown.
A single dental implants can typically be inserted in an appointment of just an hour and recovery time is pretty quick.
Most people will feel perfectly well enough to return to work or normal activities the very next day. It’s not uncommon to feel zero discomfort after this procedure.
Any discomfort should be easily controlled with over-the-counter painkillers.
Advantages of Single Tooth Implants
Aesthetically, a replacement teeth can look amazing and is the only option for replacing a tooth where the new tooth will look as if it is emerging from the gums, just like a natural tooth. A single tooth implant is a particularly good option if the teeth adjacent to the gap are in good condition and are healthy and strong.
With an alternative treatment such as a dental bridge, these teeth would need to be cut down and shaped and subsequently crowned to support the bridge. Additionally, a dental bridge does nothing to and in time as the jawbone resorts and unsightly gap may develop underneath the replacement tooth or pontic on a bridge.
In the longer term this treatment can be more cost-effective than choosing a bridge and the implant can restore patients’ self-confidence and self-esteem, making it easy to forget about tooth loss. Single dental implants are also very easy to look after as they can be brushed and flossed just like a natural tooth.
Disadvantages of a Tooth Implant
There are very few negatives to this treatment.
The main disadvantage with choosing a tooth replacement with a dental implant is the length of treatment compared to alternative treatments.
Traditionally a single dental implant will take at least three months to complete whereas a dental bridge can be completed in a matter of just two or three weeks. Sometimes patients may wish to consider a dental bridge if the teeth adjacent to the gap are significantly decayed, or broken teeth and require dental crowns. In this case choosing a bridge could be a cheaper option.
Success Rate of this Treatment
Single dental implants in NYC procedure tend to be enormously successful. Many people will enjoy them for years or even for life. One of the reasons why they are so successful is because single dental implants are very easy to keep clean as they can be brushed and flossed exactly the same as a normal tooth so there is less risk of the implant becoming infected.
Risk Factors for Single Tooth Implants
Properly planned single tooth implants surgery is extremely safe, but risk factors include:
- Implant failure due to poor oral hygiene
- Failure due to untreated bruxism
- Significant changes to medical health that affect the immune system, for example uncontrolled diabetes
Alternatives to Dental Implants
Alternative treatments include dental bridges and partial dentures which might require mini dental implants. As discussed before, a dental bridge requires the teeth adjacent to the gap to be significantly cut down so they can be crowned to support the bridge.
Partial dentures are supported by clasps around existing natural teeth and this can place these teeth under stress, increasing the risk of fractures. Neither option will do anything to halt bone loss although both are quicker and cheaper to complete.
Cost for a Single Dental Implant
The cost of a single dental implant can vary tremendously according to the type of implant system and the type of crown used to restore the tooth. It is important to ensure you receive a high quality implant that should last for many years.
Implant crowns for single dental implant materials can have a precious metal substructure that is covered up with porcelain or they may be all-ceramic or can be made from zirconia. The costs of these crowns can vary considerably.
Dr. Navid Rahmani is an internationally recognized, NYC dentist, Board Certified Periodontist and one of the best rated dental implant NYC specialists in the country. All procedures are performed on Upper East Side in our Midtown NYC dental center. If you have any questions about Single Tooth Implants (Traditional Dental Implant) or to make an appointment please call our Midtown Manhattan dental implants center:
NYC Dental Implants Center
121 East 60th St Ste 6C2
New York, New York 10065
(60th St. btw Park Ave / Lex Ave)